The Information Resources that match your selection are presented below
Low-Income Parents Urged to Seek Choice in Schools
August 15, 2006
School Choice Group Grows as Force in State Elections
September 27, 2006
A Public School Choice
October 15, 2006
Class Helps San Francisco Kids Pick High School
November 7, 2006
SF Parents Start Picking Schools For Their Kids
November 19, 2006
Report says immigrant students lose in choice schools
November 29, 2006
Gov't Report: Trends in the Use of School Choice
November 28, 2006
State Education Board to lobby for school choice again
December 11, 2006
Open enrollment gives disabled students more options
December 17, 2006
Low ratings put more schools on transfer list
December 19, 2006
Teachers' union dispute casts doubt on Detroit alternative schools
December 28, 2006
51,000 opt of of Detroit schools
January 15, 2006
Parents: Race no factor in choice
February 2, 2007
Students may get choice of public schools
February 8, 2007
Report says educators need to better track alternative schools
February 7, 2007
The problem with school "choice"
March 3, 2007
School choice bill gains OK in House
March 30, 2007
Board examines bulging districts
April 6, 2007
In Buffalo, opening doors for the overlooked
May 22, 2007
Choice 'not aiding black pupils'
June 2, 2007
Sanford vetos plan for open enrollment
June 24, 2007
If shopping for a school, just redraw the map
July 9, 2007
Choice may not improve schools, study says
October 23, 2007
Education Plays Diverse Role in 2007 State-Level Elections
October 25, 2007
MPS options gain share in education marketplace
November 25, 2007
Mandated Tutoring Not Helping Md., Va. Scores
June 13, 2008
D.C. School Choice Program Offers Few Options
August 18, 2008
Mapping Analysis Finds Interdistrict-Choice Options to Be Limited
August 26, 2008
Nashville Governance Up in Air as Mayor Seeks Role in Schools
November 19, 2008
Home Schooling Goes Mainstream
November 25, 2008
Home schooling grows
January 06, 2009
LA School Board Approves School Choice Plan
August 25, 2009
At School in Queens, Success Draws Crowd
September 28, 2009
Dash for the right high school: As Oct. 30 nears,8th-graders weigh choices for next year
October 14, 2009
National school choice conference set for Oct. 25-27 at Vanderbilt
October 16, 2009
The Evolution of School Choice
October 21, 2009
Denver school choice a hit with students
November 02, 2009
Students See Hard Future if Free Fares Are Ended
December 17, 2009
Good News for Realtors: School Choice Boosts Home Values
February 02, 2010
Christie backs school choice plan
March 28, 2010
Report: 85% don't switch elementary schools
April 09, 2010
School transfers rare in Conn under 'No Child' law
August 22, 2010
Harford County offers agricultural magnet high school program
August 26, 2010
Christie signs bill into law, expanding parents' public school choices
September 11, 2010
Foundation to push for school choice
December 29, 2010
Kentucky Senate Panel Approves Bill Allowing Charter Schools, School Choice
January 07, 2011
The Year In Research On Market-Based Education Reform
January 04, 2011
Change Recommended In School Choice Funding
January 25, 2011
Budget bolsters vouchers, charters
March 20, 2011
Gov. Rick Scott signs education choice bills
June 28, 2011
Michigan Senate vote expands education options
October 27, 2011
Alaskans approve of school choice program
Oct 30, 2011
Louisiana Elections Bring Big Wins for School Choice
Nov 21, 2011
National Report Praises School-Choice System for New York City Students
Nov 29, 2011
New teacher contract could shut down school choice program
Nov 11, 2011
Will more school choice improve Arizona education?
Jan 6, 2012
States Face Virtual School Financing Challenges
Mar 15, 2012
E-Schools Put Specific Measures for Success in Place
Mar 15, 2012
Public Money Finds Back Door to Private Schools
May 21, 2012
Arizona school-choice program expands
May 15, 2012
Romney Calls for Using Title I, IDEA Funds for School Choice
May 23, 2012
Federal judge strikes down state’s school choice law
Jun 8, 2012
Tax Credit Strategy Fuels Private School Choice Push
June 13, 2012
Walker announces new online degree initiative
June 19, 2012
Slate of new courses set for schools
July 6, 2012
Choices Often Limited in ‘School Choice’ Programs
July 26, 2012
Republican Education Platform 2012 Emphasizes School Choice, Teacher Accountability
August 29, 2012
La. Opens Marketplace of Courses for Students
September 12, 2012
State Chiefs' Vacancies Crack Window on Policy
September 19, 2012
State Ballot Measures Include Hot K-12 Issues
September 26, 2012
Education funding proposal allows school choice, more online learning
November 18, 2012
Families zoned for 'failing' schools would get $3,500 tax credit, even if they are in private school now, says Alabama Accountability Act sponsor
March 2, 2013
Brewer’s plan for education performance funding advancing
March 4, 2013
Open Enrollment in Districts: Choices and Consequences
July 11, 2013
New Orleans, New York City Top List of Friendliest Cities for School Choice
January 8, 2014
School Choice Bills Spark Much Debate, Plenty of Controversy
March 16, 2014
Open enrollment study challenges conventional wisdom
March 3, 2015
Alabama Accountability Act upheld by state Supreme Court
March 2, 2015
Florida bill would let students attend any school in state
March 28, 2015
Budget crunch could stunt school choice program's growth
April 11, 2015
Publications that match your selection are presented below
220. Can broad inferences be drawn from lottery analyses of school choice programs? An exploration of appropriate sensitivity analyses. 2014.
Author: Ron Zimmer and John Engberg
211. The Efficacy of the Los Angeles Unified School District Public School Choice Initiative for Student Achievement Outcomes: Evidence from the First Year. 2012.
Author: Katharine O. Strunk, Julie A. Marsh, Ayesha Hashim, Susan Bush and Tracey Weinstein
204. Incentives and Responses under No Child Left Behind: Credible threats and the Role of Competition. 2012.
Author: Rajashri Chakrabarti
196. Bounding the Treatment Effects of Education Programs That Have Lotteried Admission and Selective Attrition. 2011.
Author: John Engberg, Dennis Epple, Jason Imbrogo, Holger Sieg, and Ron Zimmer
194. Do Charter Schools Crowd Out Private School Enrollment? Evidence from Michigan. 2011.
Author: Rajashri Chakrabarti & Joydeep Roy
193. New Orleans as a Diverse Education Provider. 2011.
Author: Henry M. Levin, Joseph Daschbach, & Andre Perry
190. The Social Cost of Open Enrollment as a School Choice Policy. 2010.
Author: Cory Koedel, Julian R. Betts, Lorien A. Rice, & Andrew C. Zau
189. How does Information Influence Parental Choice? The SmartChoices Project in Hartford, Connecticut. 2010.
Author: Jack Dougherty, Diane Zannoni, Maham Chowhan, Courteney Coyne, Benjamin Dawson, Tehani Guruge, and Begaeta Nukic.
188. Are ELL Students Underrepresented in Charter Schools? Demographic Trends in New York City, 2006-2008. 2010.
Author: Jack Buckley & Carolyn Sattin-Bajaj
187. The endurance of centralized governance systems in an age of school district decentralization. 2010.
Author: Heather Schwartz
186. Choice in a World of New School Types. 2010.
Author: J.S. Butler, Doug Carr, Eugenia Toma, & Ron Zimmer
185. The impact of school choice and public policy on segregation: Evidence from Chile. 2010
Author: Gregory Elacqua
184. Mobility, Housing Markets, and Schools: Estimating General Equilibrium Effects of Interdistrict Choice. 2010.
Author: Eric J. Brunner, Sung-Woo Cho, and Randall Reback
182. Parental Choice in the Netherlands: Growing Concerns about Segregation. 2009
Author: Helen F. Ladd, Edward B. Fiske, & Nienke Ruijs
181. Choice, Vouchers and the Consequences for Public High Schools: Lessons from Australia. 2009.
Author: Louise Watson and Chris Ryan
180. The Effectiveness of Private Voucher Education: Evidence from Structural School Switches. 2009.
Author: Bernardo Lara, Alejandra Mizala, & Andrea Repetto
179. The Shift to School Choice in New Zealand. 2009.
Author: Elizabeth A. Morphis
177. Supplemental Educational Services as a Component of No Child Left Behind: A Mixed-Method Analysis of its Impact on Student Achievement. 2009.
Author: Marco A. Muñoz & Steven M. Ross
176. Implementation and Outcomes of Supplemental Educational Services: The 2007-2008 Tennessee State-Wide Evaluation Study. 2009.
Author: Steven M. Ross, Laura L. Neergaard, Lynn Harrison, James Ford, Jangmi Paek, William Sanders, James Ashton and Jill Leandro
174. Evaluation of the DC Opportunity Scholarship Program: Impacts After Three Years (NCEE 2009-4050). 2009.
Author: Patrick Wolf, Babette Gutmann, Michael Puma, Brian Kisida, Lou Rizzo and Nada Eissa
173. The Qualifications and Classroom Performance of Teachers Moving to Charter Schools. 2009.
Author: Celeste K. Carruthers
172. Public School Choice And Integration: Evidence from Durham, North Carolina. 2009.
Author: Robert Bifulco, Helen F. Ladd, and Stephen Ross
170. The Start-up of Religious Charter Schools: Implications for Privatization and Choice in U.S. Education. 2008.
Author: Marcia J. Harr Bailey and Bruce S. Cooper
169. Going Beyond Test Scores: Evaluating Charter School Impact on Educational Attainment in Chicago and Florida. 2008.
Author: Kevin Booker, Tim R. Sass, Brian Gill and Ron Zimmer
167. Can Interdistrict Choice Boost Student Achievement? The Case of Connecticut’s Interdistrict Magnet School Program. 2008.
Author: Robert Bifulco, Casey Cobb & Courtney Bell
165. Luck of the Draw? On the Fairness of Charter School Admissions Policies. 2008.
Author: Jonathan R. Dolle and Anne Newman
164. Moving On: Why Students Move Between Districts Under Open Enrollment. 2008.
Author: John F. Witte, Deven E. Carlson and Lesley Lavery
163. School Vouchers and Student Achievement: Recent Evidence, Remaining Questions. 2008.
Author: Cecilia Elena Rouse and Lisa Barrow
161. Designing Targeted Educational Voucher Schemes for the Poor in Developing Countries. 2008.
Author: M. Najeeb Shafiq
160. Circles of influence: How neighborhood demographics and charter school locations influence student enrollments. 2008.
Author: Chad d’Entremont and Charisse Gulosino
158. A Comprehensive, Non-Partisan Analysis of Arizona’s Charter School Plan. 2008.
Author: Stephen Chemsak
157. School Choice in the Republic of Ireland: An Unqualified Commitment to Parental Choice. 2008.
Author: Robert A. Fox and Nina K. Buchanan
156. Estimating the School Level Effects of Choice on Academic Achievement in Connecticut’s Magnet, Technical and Charter Schools. 2008
Author: Craig L. Esposito and Casey D. Cobb
149. The Effect of Charter Schools on Non-Charter Students: An Instrumental Variables Approach. 2008.
Author: Scott A. Imberman
147. Educating Muslims in an East African US Charter High School. 2007.
Author: Letitia Basford, Sarah Hick, and Martha Bigelow
146. Measuring the Competitive Effect of Charter Schools on Student Achievement in Ohio's Traditional Public Schools. 2007.
Author: Matthew Carr and Gary Ritter
145. The Impact of Charter Schools on the Efficiency of Traditional Public Schools: Evidence from Michigan. 2007.
Author: Yongmei Ni
139. The Effect of Winning a First-Choice School Entry Lottery on Student Perfromance: Evidence from a Natural Experiment. 2007.
Author: Fang Lai
137. Irreconcilable Differences? Education Vouchers and the Suburban Response. 2007.
Author: Chad d'Entremont and Luis A. Huerta
135. A Comparison of Charter Schools and Traditional Public Schools in Idaho. 2007.
Author: Dale Ballou, Bettie Teasley, Tim Zeidner
134. Neither Choice Nor Loyalty: School Choice and the Low-Fee Private Sector in India. 2007.
Author: Prachi Srivastava
133. Choosing Schools, Building Communities? The Effects of Schools of Choice on Parent Involvement. 2007.
Author: Jack Buckley
132. The Choice of Public, Private, or Home Schooling. 2006.
Author: Eric J. Isenberg
129. Choice, Competition and Pupil Achievement. 2006.
Author: Stephen Gibbons, Stephen Machin, and Olmo Silva
128. Beyond Achievement: Enrollment Consequences of Charter Schools in Michigan. 2006.
Author: Eugenia F. Toma, Ron Zimmer, and John T. Jones
127. The Future of Vouchers: Lessons from the Adoption, Design, and Court Challenges of Three Voucher Programs in Florida. 2006.
Author: Douglas N. Harris, Carolyn D. Herrington, and Amy Albee
126. What is the Reality of School Competition? 2006.
Author: Cathy Wylie
124. Racial Segregation and the Private/Public School Choice. 2006.
Author: Robert Fairlie
123. Magnet Schools and Student Achievement. 2006.
Author: Dale Ballou, Ellen Goldring and Keke Liu
122. Is Charter School Competition in California Improving the Performance of Traditional Public Schools? 2006.
Author: Richard Buddin and Ron Zimmer
121. Estimating the Effects of Private School Vouchers in Multi-District Economies. 2006.
Author: Maria Marta Ferreyra
118. Charter School Performance in Urban School Districts: Are They Closing the Achievement Gap? 2006.
Author: Ron Zimmer and Richard Buddin
117. Tiebout Choice and the Voucher. 2006.
Author: Eric Brunner and Jennifer Imazeki
113. The Political Economy of School Choice: Support for Charter Schools Across States and School Districts. 2006.
Author: Christiana Stoddard and Sean P. Corcoran
112. The Evidence on Education Vouchers: An Application to the Cleveland Scholarship and Tutoring Program. 2006.
Author: Clive Belfield
111. Charter, Private, Public Schools and Academic Achievement: New Evidence from NAEP Mathematics Data. 2006.
Author: Chris Lubienski and Sarah Theule Lubienski
109. Is There Any Cream to Skim? Sorting, Within-School Heterogeneity, and the Scope for Cream-Skimming. 2005.
Author: Patrick Walsh
108. The Public Choice of Educational Choice. 2005.
Author: Lawrence W. Kenny
106. All Choices Created Equal? How Good Parents Select “Failing” Schools. 2005.
Author: Courtney Bell
105. Exploring the Correlates of Academic Success in Pennsylvania Charter Schools. 2005.
Author: Christopher Nelson and Gary Miron
104. The Effect of Charter Schools on Traditional Public School. 2005.
Author: Ken Booker, Scott Gilpatric, Timothy Gronberg and Dennis Jansen
101. Average Teacher Salaries and Returns to Experience in Charter Schools. 2005.
Author: Marisa Burian-Fitzgerald
100. Do Vouchers Lead to Sorting even under Random Private School Selection? Evidence from Milwaukee Voucher Program. 2005.
Author: Rajashri Chakrabarti
99. Supply and Demand in a Public School Choice Program. 2005.
Author: Randall Reback
98. Free Speech and Free Exercise of Religion in California Charter Schools, 2005.
Author: J. Shelton Baxter
97. An Analysis of Parental Preferences and Search Behavior. 2005.
Author: Gregory Elacqua
96. Are Charter School Students Harder to Educate? Evidence from Washington D.C. 2004.
Author: Jack Buckley, Mark Schneider and Yi Shang
94. Vouchers, Inequalities and the Chilean Experience. 2004.
Author: Pablo Gonzalez, Alejandra Mizala and Pilar Romaquera
85. Can Competition Improve Educational Outcomes. 2003.
Author: Gary T Henry and Craig S Gordon
81. School choice and quality. 2003.
Author: Daniele Checchi and Bruno Jappelli
80. School Competition and Promotion: Substantive and Symbolic Differentiation in Local Education Markets. 2003.
Author: Chris Lubienski
73. Democratic Education across School Types: Evidence from the NHES99. 2003.
Author: Clive R Belfield
72. Does School Choice Increase School Quality? 2003.
Author: Mark Holmes, Jeffrey S deSimone, and Nicholas G Rupp
67. An Interview with Milton Friedman on Education. 2003.
Author: Pearl Kane
66. Capitalization under School Choice Programs: Are the Winners Really the Losers? 2003.
Author: Randall Rebeck
58. Preserving Religious Values through Education: Economic Analysis and Evidence for the US. 2002.
Author: Danny Cohen-Zada
57. The Political Economy of School Choice: Linking Theory and Evidence. 2002.
Author: Danny Cohen-Zada and Moshe Justman
49. Modeling School Choice: A Comparison of Public, Private–Independent, Private–Religious and Home-Schooled Students. 2002.
Author: Clive R. Belfield
43. When Schools Compete, How Do They Compete? 2002.
Author: Chang-Tai Hsieh and Miguel Urqiola
39. Institutionalist and Instrumentalist Perspectives on “Public” Education: Strategies and Implications of the School Choice Movement in Michigan. 2002.
Author: Chris Lubienski
35. The Effects of Competition on Educational Outcomes: A Review of the US Evidence. 2001.
Author: Clive R. Belfield and Henry M. Levin
29. What's in a Grade? School Report Cards and House Prices. 2001.
Author: David N. Figlio and Maurice E. Lucas
26. The Relationship of Competition and Choice to Innovation in Education Markets:A Review of Research on Four Cases. 2001.
Author: Chris Lubienski
21. What Do Parents Want From Schools? Evidence from the Internet. 2001.
Author: Mark Schneider and Jack Buckley
17. Educational Finance and School Choice in the United States and Canada. 2001.
Author: Stephen B. Lawton
15. The Effect of Private School Competition on Public School Performance. 2001.
Author: Christopher R. Geller, David L. Sjoquist, and Mary Beth Walker
7. Can Modern Information Technologies Cross the Digital Divide to Enhance Choice and Build Stronger Schools? 2001.
Author: Mark Schneider and Jack Buckley
Events that match your selection are presented below
NCSL Annual Meeting: Alternatives to Traditional Public Education: An Update on Charters, Vouchers and Tax Credits
August 01, 2005
Conference: American Children and Their Reform Movements
July 12, 2005
Vouchers, Charters, Choice: A Conversation About Education Policy
March 15, 2005
Seminar on School Choice: Danny Cohen-Zada
April 15, 2003
Panel Presentation at the American Education Finance Association Conference, Alberquerque, March 2002 - School Types
March 11, 2002
School Choice and Racial Diversity
May 22, 2001